Summery

Tuesday 13 November 2012

Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion Review

I know I'm probably the last beauty blogger in the world to do a review on Urban Decay's Primer Potion but it is a pretty good product and deserves a review, there's always new people getting into makeup and if my review can help them I'll be happy!    

The Original Urban Decay Primer Potion 

This product is really really hyped up. Crazy hyped up...everyone seems to know about it even if they don't know what a primer is! It's meant to be used on the eyelids to help any eye shadow stay vibrant and last all day. People with oily eyelids tend to love it but quite honestly it's not the best primer on the market.

It's basically a tube of silicone that's supposed to help your makeup stay put and not crease for 24 hours. Though it does hold on to eyeshadow much better than if you had used eyeshadow without primer, I still find that at the end of the day my makeup still travels onto my lower eyelids and I still crease! So the promise that for 24 hours your eye makeup won't budge isn't true.

Vibrancy wise it doesn't make a huge difference whether I use primer or not before shadow. Eyeshadow with UD primer potion and without are about the same in saturation and color. Again, nothing special.

The packaging is pretty cute though, the genie bottle top is especially adorable but I do have some qualms about it never closing completely. No matter how many times you try to turn it shut it will keep on turning and only click. The product doesn't dry out though thankfully, even with a clicky lid.

All in all I'm not super impressed by it but people that have lids that are less oily than mine may find it a godsend for staying power.

Just my opinions on it, I would love to hear yours if you've tried it!

Thanks for reading and ciao for now~! <3

4 comments:

  1. actually i cannot live without this product ^^""
    i have a super oily eyelid. it's necessary for me to use a primer. also because i have a very deep crease. if i don't put some primer on, the eyeshadow will probably stick in my crease after a few hours.
    what i really love about the urban decay primer is that i use one tube for nearly a year now and i still have some primer left. and i use it every single day!! so i don't think it's expensive at all.
    but it's okay if you're not a fan of it ;)

    http://haruhiism00.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha understandable! There are many different opinions on this product

      I use the Hard Candy one more often and it works 100 times better for me! Not a single particle moves even after 15 hours of wear XD

      I still have a lot left and I've had mine for nearly a year too, it does last :)

      Delete
    2. oh, sound you have awesome eyelids xD

      btw thanks for your comment. i've already watched/read Kimi ni Todoke. but i think it's quite boring... you're right that it's cute, but i need more fun and action xD

      Delete
    3. ahh some of my friends have said the same about kimi ni todoke! It does take a while for anything to develop XD

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...