Summery

Wednesday 21 November 2012

Learning Guitar

 Hello chaps! I recently got a guitar as a super early Christmas present from my parents and I'm in love with it! I don't think my fingertips have ever been more sore but music is such a big outlet for destressing at the end of a long day. I love to express myself in music be it singing, playing piano, guitar, clarinet, or even tapping out the beat of a song. 

I've named my guitar Caramellita Windsor...weird name I know. It was just going to be Windsor but my friend told me guitars must have female names so I named her after her caramel color. 


Ain't she a beauty?
(By the way my room is a horrendous mess...I don't think I've ever had an immaculate room but I do clean it when I can't walk in it without stepping on something)

So first thing's first, learning chords! I printed out a simple chord sheet with "campfire chords" to start me off.  I've also been spending a lot of time on http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/
They seriously have a ton of chords and tabs for thousands upon thousands of songs! So far I've practiced songs like The Scientist - Coldplay, The A-Team - Ed Sheeran, and I'm Yours - Jason Mraz (Not just I'm Yours, I'm a HUGEEEE Mraz fan so I've tried to play many more of his songs)


Jason Mraz is such an inspiration to me. He's one of the reasons I wanted to learn guitar! It's been 2 weeks since I got Caramellita but I feel like I'm making fast progress! I practice nearly everyday for 2 hours (way to neglect my studies!) and I love every moment of it! Music is my passion, I think I'd be truly happy if I could sing or play instruments all day everyday. 

I've even taken Caramellita to my granny's care home to practice while I visit her. She seems to enjoy playing guitar too! She strums the strings while I make the chords. It makes me happy to see music give her a a smile. Once I get better I want to play at coffee shops. Even if I don't make much money it'd be a fun past time and I'd LOVE doing it! One of my dreams is to make music for people. Even if only one person listens, as long as they enjoy it I'm more than satisfied!

Thanks for reading and ciao for now~! <3


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...