Summery

Wednesday 31 July 2013

July Favorites!


Guess what time it is again? Monthly favorites time!!!! YAY!!! Sorry I haven't posted in so long but hopefully you guys will forgive me >.<


Tea Tree Cool & Creamy Wash from The Body Shop
This face wash only recently came out from The Body Shop and so I had to try it! Everyone knows what a big fan of tea tree I am! The consistency, smell, and appearance is a lot like toothpaste. I liken this product to toothpaste for your face but man does it feel good on your skin! Use some water and a marble sized dollop on your hands for a refreshing, tingly clean that doesn't dry out your skin but leaves it cool and spotless.

Aloe Eye Defense Eye Cream from The Body Shop
More Body Shop goodness and this time, it's for my eyes. I've not ventured too deeply into the world of eye creams yet but out of the hand full I've ever tried, I must say I like this one a lot! It's very gentle and light so it doesn't make my already oily eyelids feel greasier plus it feels lightly cooling as it absorbs into my skin. Definitely a treat for sore eyes at the end of a long day!

NYC Smooth Skin Loose Face Powder in Translucent
This product is amazing at mattifying skin and it has absolutely zero color to it meaning a huge range of people with skin tones ranging from porcelain white to almost black can use it and not worry about looking too dark or washed out! Use it to set your makeup or just to de-slick an oily face and you're good to go. The one thing I really dislike about this product is that it is incredibly messy, if it came in better packaging that could control the amount of product dispensed each time then I would give it a full 10/10!


NYX Stick Blush in Tea Rose
The main thing I worry about with blushes is that they'l make me look sick if I put it on. I associate fevers with red cheeks (not to mention carbon monoxide poisoning also causes red cheeks before it kills you...) but this blush doesn't give you that sickly look, rather it makes you look healthy and the reddish pink color seems quite natural. Wonderful for hot summer days (which aren't quite here yet but I hope soon will be!) because it's cream based meaning it won't flake off and make your cheeks look splotchy over time. Not only is it a great blush color but it's wonderful as lip rouge! Multipurpose is the name of the game!

Urban Decay Primer Potion in Original
This is the main primer I've been gravitating towards this month. I've not found a primer that completely prevents creasing or my eyeliner from transferring to above my crease but I've noticed my Hard Candy Primer makes my brushes kind of icky since that primer has a more liquid consistency compared with Urban Decay's. For the summer days, you want your makeup staying in place because nobody wants to look like a sweaty drag queen...even drag queens XD.


Tea Tree Blackhead Exfoliating Wash from The Body Shop

It has ground up apricot seeds to exfoliate but it's quite a mild exfoliator if I ever tried one! It makes my face feel incredibly smooth after and very cool (since it comes from the tea tree and tamanu oils inside). My issue with this product is that it doesn't lather very well but it does give a gentle clean without stripping all the moisture out of your face! I've noticed my blackheads fading away as well so true to its name, this exfoliating wash does zap away those nasty impurities lying around your nose!


elf Lengthening and Defining Mascara in Black Brown
elf, you are a god of makeup I swear! This mascara has great wear, lengthens, volumizes, and does't clump very much at all. It was also very inexpensive (even though I got it as a gift XP) but nonetheless, some more expensive mascaras I've tried don't give me the same effect as this elf one! My lashes don't flake or sag over time either! Apart from how banging it makes my lashes look, the slim packaging is great for keeping the clutter in your purse minimal when you go out! Kudos to you elf for another amazing product! 

NYX For Your Eyes Only Mysterious Brown Eyes Eyeshadow Palette
My first eyeshadow palette ever and it's up there on the list for one of my favorite palettes too. The pigmentation of most of the colors is phenomenal and the textures are extremely soft and buttery. It's got ten shadows that are great for making everyday looks but it also has a leaf green and some purple shades too if you want to vamp it up a little! The applicator it comes with it's great (I use it to clean the mirror inside and not for putting on makeup XP) but with a good brush or even your fingers, you can make miracles happen with this palette!

Maybelline Baby Lips Lip Balm in Grape Vine
I was naughty and bought three more Baby Lips lip balms...they're so cute (and not to mention packed with product!) so I had to get more! The color is a deep, purply red that gives lips that need a boost of color life again. It's great for taking out with you because you don't need to carry both lip balm and lipstick when this balm already has some pigmentation! It's not very strong color though so if you want bold lips this probably isn't the thing for you. The moisturizing ability is pretty decent but it does need to be reapplied often to maintain soft lips.

Vitamin E Hydrating Toner from The Body Shop
I never thought a toner could be this hydrating but true to its name, the Vitamin E Hydrating Toner from The Body Shop delivers skin softening treatment while balancing the pH of your skin. I also love the scent of this product, it's hard to explain but smells lightly of sunscreen and spa...weird right? XD

It's also alcohol free so no worries about your skin drying up there! You also only need a dime sized amount on a cotton pad to sweep or pat all over your face so this product is going to last me ages! Soft skin here I come!

Thanks for sticking around! Sorry I haven't made a post in such a long time, I've been focusing on my artwork which you can find here: http://melody-in-the-air.deviantart.com/

I'll try to post more often my blogging beauties!

Ciao for now!


3 comments:

  1. The vitamin e toner works really well!
    I've tried it out and it does it's job perfectly!

    www.ColorfulExistence.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful blog! Great your photo :)

    Lets follow each other on GFC?
    www.thecentralstreet.com

    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog <3

    http://carolinessecretblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...