Summery

Monday 3 September 2012

Shop till You Drop!

Today is Labor Day and it also happens to be the last day of freedom I have before I have to get back to school! I'm thinking of changing majors to biology or even go into nursing so I have to take a butt-load of  science and math courses next semester. It's going to fry my brain and push me to the limit but it must be done! As one of the nice nurses at my grandmother's care home likes to say: " Everything that's worth while requires effort".

I had breakfast with my family at a Chinese restaurant this morning and grandma came along too! We're always worried that the solid foods they serve there may upset her stomach but thankfully she didn't feel sick after and the food was quite delicious, a welcome change to the food they serve at the care home. The planning for the day's events were a bit messy though, we had to have breakfast, go drop off my granny back at the care home and meet my friend all before 11:30am and we definitely could not do it! When I brought it up to my dad he seemed angry, I think he thought I was blaming him but that is not the case! In any case, he still seems mad and it's 5 in the afternoon now...maybe he'll cool off soon. 

I met up with my buddy Hanna an hour later than originally planned (I told her I'd be late, not to fret!) and we took transit to Value Village. There are so many cool things there! It's a thrift shop that carries everything from board games to Halloween costumes, from used clothes to old VHS movies. We weren't really looking for anything in particular, perhaps to do some early costume shopping for Halloween but I was unable to find anything. I did find a hat shaped like a turkey and as tempting as it was, I did not purchase it.

The two things I did get were a gingham print top and the first book in the Wheel of Time Series by Robert Jordan. 

The top was a real bargain! 4.99 CAD for this cutie pie! It's a little tight around the top but I'm treating that as incentive to lose weight. Must go to the gym more often...must!



Hanna is a huge fan of this series and so I thought I'd get it to see what the fuss was about! I'm pretty excited to read it! My schooling may interfere with reading novels often but it's nice to read a bit before bed.
Hanna got a green tunic dress that could be used for a Link costume (he's the hero in the Legend of Zelda series); there were also fairy wings on sale there, perhaps I could have bought them and dressed up as his fairy, Navi!

We were quite hungry afterwards and walked to the mall to grab lunch. Mmmm New York Fries poutine! I think I've only had poutine once before and today's was delicious! Maybe I ordered a size too big though, I felt like a human watermelon afterwards!

We went to Sephora to take advantage of more cheap TokiDoki makeup products. Hanna got a black mascara and a perfume while I caved in and bought one more Roulette Lip gloss Trio.



The colors included are Bruttino, Lion Pappa, and Adieu. I tried the Prisma glosses they sell and they're pigmentation is nearly undetectable but the roulette trios are different. I have a roulette with the color Mozzarella and the pigmentation is phenomenal! Finally! A red lip I can wear with pink hair and not look like a clown! I'm looking forward to wearing colors from this new roulette too, the shades are quite dark and I hope the pigmentation matches the level of Mozzarella's!

I also purchased a dry shampoo because I only plan to bleach and dye my hair once more before I go back to black. Perhaps after that I'll stick with dip dye to save my scalp the torture of bleaching or just let my natural hair grow out again. Until then I want to preserve the pink for as long as possible! That means not washing my hair everyday and being careful with heating tools like straighteners. 



I got theTresemme volumizing dry shampoo for fine/ oily hair. Hopefully it works! It wasn't too pricey, about 6 CAD a can! Going to use it tonight and I may review on my blog too.

We went to a couple more stores and when we were all shopped out (because we were hurting inside from overspending) we went home. Super fun day! My wallet is aching from its losses but I am happy with the lovely things I got~! I'm a tad more relaxed for school now as well. Hopefully I'll have enough time to update my blog every once in a while with impending exams and studying on the horizon!

Thanks for reading and ciao for now~! <3

4 comments:

  1. Let me know how the book turns out, my friend really likes it too. Maybe I'll pick it up.

    http://perlaxmakeup.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. AAAAAAH! Wheel of Time! It's so good! I hope you like it as much as I do. ^^ And by the time you're finished the first thirteen books, the fourteenth one will be out in paperback. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. how many books are there in total again? XD

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...