Summery

Thursday 27 September 2012

The Body Shop's Sweet Lemon Shower Gel Review


This shower gel is absolutely amazing! I can't rave about it enough! The Body Shop makes some amazing products and their shower gels are definitely one of the top things I recommend from the store! The Sweet Lemon shower gel smells so deliciously yummy and cleans very well, it also lasts a long time and the price is fair for the amount you get! I believe I spent 10 CAD on a 750ml bottle when The Body Shop was having their mother of all sales event (it happens after Christmas every year). It's been 8 or 9 months since I began using it and it's still very full! I don' use it everyday but pretty regularly anyway.

To get the best effect from the shower gel, you should probably pump it once or twice into a pouf and scrub yourself with it. The pouf helps the shower gel foam much much more than if you just pumped it into your hand and lathered the gel by itself. The pump dispenses only a little product at a time but let me tell you a little goes a long way when you use a loofah! The scent isn't too strong but is very citrus but at the same time sweet like a piece of lemon candy! It wakes you up in the morning and also refreshes the body for the day ahead!

Something you can feel good about after using it is that the honey in the the shower gel is community fair trade honey meaning the Ethiopian beekeepers that sell the honey to The Body Shop get paid a fair amount for the honey they produce so that they have sufficient funds to keep doing sustainable bee keeping. Many areas in the world use sweat shops to produce products for cheap labor. It makes me cringe to think my sweater was made by an 8 year old boy in China that gets paid 50 cents for a 12 hour day. I can feel less guilty about loving this shower gel because of that!

Just a short little review for you guys for now...I'm blogging to break from studying for midterms!

Thanks for reading and ciao for now~! <3

4 comments:

  1. great review :)
    thank you for sharing all those info!
    your blog is amazing!

    http://bubblemylicorice.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much you cooly haired people~

      Delete
  2. I like the body shop's body washes especially the grapefruit scented one... :)

    Care to follow me back?

    Dainty MD
    http://daintybabymd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the body shop and lush! this is on my list to try, it looks so zesty and tingly

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...