Summery

Sunday 17 February 2013

An Eventful Weekend!


The sun and the blue sky this weekend has got me in the highest of spirits! I mean, look how gorgeous it is outside! Wahhh!! Where I live, the sun doesn't shine most of the time, we get a lot of rain so when we have some good weather I'm super excited! T'was quite a memorable weekend! I did everything from partying, baking and attending a Chinese New Year celebration!

On Friday, a bunch of my friends and I got together and had another Legend of Zelda themed party (we lovvveeee Legend of Zelda...in case you guys didn't notice). Hanna and Kyra dressed up, they were Link and Tingle...by god their costumes were amazing and I had a lot of fun taking pictures with them, gaming, and stuffing our faces with chocolate, cake and mac 'n cheese! 

The forest where we were taking our cosplay pictures. It's very beautiful in the evening.

Link and wolf Link? It's just Poppy, Hanna's dog <3

Tingle in his aviators being fabulous~

Link and Tingle seemed to be lost in the woods...

...In the end we played nearly ten hours of Skyward Sword...oh my gosh it was crazy...I'm not sure I've ever gamed so much in my entire life!

Hanna recently purchased the Hyrule Historia which is an amazing book with tons of neat facts about The Legend of Zelda game series. The pictures were beautiful needless to say; we had a lot of fun leafing through it! 


I was the only one that slept over, Hanna and I had some breakfast and gamed a little more before parting ways. At home, I decided to bake chocolate chip cookies! Yum! No baking escapade would be complete without this princess Zelda apron Kyra made me! I feel like a real princess in it! 


*get it? get it? princess? ....*

maybe I added a little too much sugar but they are really delicious! I have lots to go around so if my family and I can't finish them all, perhaps I'll give some to my friends or neighbors.


Sunday rolls around where my family goes to see the Chinese New Year Parade in Chinatown. It was really fun to watch! They might have been a little slow though, lots of delays but entertaining nonetheless. 


Every China Town has one of these large doorways, the parade started here!

Chinese drummers

You can't have Chinese New Year without a dragon dance!

There's also an event called the lion dance where puppet lions dance then eat a cabbage head with some red pocket money attached to it. It's very fun to watch with the loud drums and fancy footwork of the dancers!


We stopped in a Maxims restaurant for lunch. Their clam chowder and pineapple buns are so good! I probably ate too much but hey! It's celebration time!


After lunch, we passed by Dr.Sun Yat Sen's Classical Chinese Garden to enjoy the scenery. It's a gorgeous garden. I remember taking my graduation photos here!


There were a lot of little stands in Chinatown selling goodies like jade and lucky bamboo. I may have to open my Red Pocket Money seeing all the festive paraphernalia!

Me at one of the vendors, how do you like the hat I'm trying on?

and of course, I just had to buy something because I may have a small addiction to shopping. There was a little African shop called Touch of Africa downtown that I got this shea butter from. It makes my hands feel so soft! I don't think I've ever had such a good hand cream. It also functions as body moisturizer, leave in conditioner for your hair, and you can even add it to your tea for added health benefits! The man who helped me was really nice, if you're reading this Omar, thanks for the awesome customer service!


I had a great time this weekend, thanks for reading and vicariously reliving the fun with me! Happy Year of the Snake, may it be the best year yet!

Ciao for now!

Giant balloon dragon says Happy Chinese New Year!

11 comments:

  1. I think that was one of my most favourite Zelda parties so far. Next time more people need to dress up, then we'll take another trip to Walmart. XD

    China town is so beautiful! I don't think I've ever taken the time to really go there, though I've passed through a few times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cookies looked YUMMY!
    http://thelipstickthegirlandherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you did have an eventful weekend, at least you managed to get some great pics! Love the forest picture and it looks like you had a blast at your Zelda themed party - such a good idea btw :D

    www.SamuelJamesMorris.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had a kick ass weekend! Love the pix.

    Ali of

    www.dressingken.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I want to get better at photography!

      Delete
  5. I love the pictures look like so much fun :) x

    http://www.lucia-lolita.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. o wow! i love the colours! you look like you had so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. great photos! looks fun! www.fashionifancy.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like an incredible celebration! Your photos are great- Happy New Year! :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...