Summery

Tuesday 7 August 2012

LUSH R&B Hair Moisturizer Review

So let's face it, all the bleaching and dying my hair pink has fried it and left it drier than a Mojave desert that hasn't had rain for 300 years! Cue Lush's R&B Hair Moisturizer...this stuff is amazing for dry hair that's on its last legs! It's got organic avacado butter, olive oil, extra virgin coconut oil, oatmeal, jojoba oil and candelilla wax in it that's supposed to be very conditioning for your hair!


I've had my R&B for a while now, the thing with many LUSH products is that they have little to no preservatives in them and therefore have expiry dates. So much natural stuff, yum my hair loves it!


It's got quite a creamy consistency but it's not that thick, kind of like half melted butter and it smells absolutely heavenly! A delicate jasmine scent with a touch of orange that just makes me wanna use it to make my hair smell great!


The downsides to it is that it's quite a heavy moisturizer and can weigh down hair or make it look greasy but I find that if you use it after a shower, your hair follicles are able to soak up most of the nutritious oils without having slick on the surface of your hair. It says on the LUSH website it was designed for people with African hair and curly hair...my hair is quite fine (though I have a lot of hair) and wavy but it seems to work wonders still. Using less is probably the best thing to do if you don't have mossy locks or thick hair since the hair isn't large enough to utilize all of the oils.

I'm not too sure if this hair moisturizer is color safe, I've tried other oils that have stripped the color from my hair but so far I've had no issues with this one. I don't use it everyday, perhaps 2 or 3 times a week so maybe that's why, all I can say is exercise caution when trying to use any kind of hair oil on colored hair!

I really need to treat my hair better and R&B is part of the solution~! Definitely recommend this! Try it out!

Ciao for Now~! <3

2 comments:

  1. M a big lush fan...They have amazing products...nice review thanks vanessa...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...