Summery

Tuesday 21 August 2012

Maybelline Color Tattoo Review


 I've wanted to buy one of these babies for a long long time and I finally decided to fork over the 6 dollars and got one!

I have to say, this is an amazing product! A 10/10 for sure! It's got lasting power, beautiful color payoff, a nice creamy texture, it does not crease (at all!), cute little packaging, and it's not going to break the bank! I often hear people compare Maybelline Color Tattoos to MAC Paint Pots so if you're looking for a creamy eye shadow to use by itself or as an eye shadow base that won't rip a hole in your wallet, Color Tattoos are the way to go!

I love how that even with my colored hair the teal will not clash with the pink! I guess it also depends on how much you use and how you use it but I must say it's lovely and I'm extremely pleased with the outcome!


A swatch of the pretty blue color in the line (number 40 in Tenacious Teal). They have 10 different shades and they are all lovely. Perhaps something I love about these cream eye shadows is that the shades they have are unconventional and could work as a statement color in your makeup look. Somewhat contradictory to that is they could also work as everyday colors, there are golds and browns available if some of you are not as daring and would like to stick with your lovely neutrals~

I personally use them as eye liners with a small angled brush and I love how it looks on the eye! I also put on some blue mascara to really have a cute pop of blue without looking like a painted whore XD


Forgive the quality of the image, my camera would not focus on macro mode and my DSi actually had better quality than my 10 megapixel camera...


See! Pink hair and blue eyeliner will not clash! One thing I'd like to bring up is my Asian eyelids. Since I have the Asian double eyelid and not the Caucasian eyelid which is gigantic in comparison, creasing happens to me a lot. I normally need to apply a primer to prevent colors from creasing right after make up application but there is no such thing with Color Tattoos! You could apply it on bare Asian eyelids and creasing will be literally non-existent! I also have very oily eyelids so that really made my jaw drop when, at the end of the day, I didn't look like a blue panda.

Maybelline has got me hooked on their Color Tattoos and I will make sure to try out more of the colors in the range. I recommend this 100% because I'm in love with it and want to share the love with you!

Ciao for now~! <3

6 comments:

  1. Great blog! Thank you so much for all your sweet comments on my blog. xo, Julie
    www.fromproseccotoplaid.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no problem~! And thanks for checking mine out too!

      Delete
  2. Hello! You have such a nice blog!
    I'm a new follower, would you like to follow each other?

    http://makeupandlondon.com

    xx
    Monica

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...